Friday, September 4, 2015

Dry Paint Garners 7.0 From Judges

I have taken up the brush again.  I painted my first miniature in '77.  My character was the first female in the group.  There were no female adventure miniatures then, so I just re-purposed a Medusa:


More on her later.  I found some good stuff packed away.


Here's the new one, my second uploded to Cool Mini or Not.  I am happy with it, happy enough anyways. The pic makes it look better than it really is.  I thought this one would land at 6.5 on the CMoN scale, the fact it's a bit higher than that is nice.  This is Morland, a Devil's Shadow Mutineer.  This blister has three models.  I'm painting Zira....I stripped her once already.  Having a hard time with her neck.  I have had neck issues with larger models as well.  Ahem.


There has been a lot of gaming in my basement, three, no four games I think.  I ran my son and his friends a bit then turned the torch over to them.  In this pic my son is the nefarious Crypt Lord.  I think they are robbing a magic shop.


Another view.  Jackie Boy and Joey the Killer.  Some sort of excitement, I think.  Or the soda doing it's work.


Elthara Shadowalker and the Basement Leader.  My other son ran his friends through a Numenera adventure.  I love the book...upon reflection the rules seem a bit disorganized and creating "dungeons" for the players seems challenging.  I need another game like I need a hole in my head.  Speaking of which...


I created an inside leaf for my table (which I got at a church rummage sale for $5).  Now my table can be 4 x 6.  (Eagle eyed viewers may have spotted the Milton Bradley Crossfire game in the upper right corner).


Why would one need such a large table?  To play Blucher on, of course!  (More on that later).


I leave you with some new IP created by my son for his adventure.  More to come (I have an idea for some really cool arrows that travel backwards in time....)

No comments:

Post a Comment